View Single Post
October 2nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Hunni
ok this is going to be long since it's two stories lol

*Emileigh Robyn November 14th 2007*

The day of the 13th was like well any other day near the end of a pregnancy you know annoying lol, I had a dr. appt that day to check progress and maybe do a sweep, it was two days before my due date. we had plans for DH's family to come for the birth, they live 3 hours away. anyway I go to the appt. he says I am at a 4 and 90% effaced ya I had no idea what that meant lol, but he did the sweep we left, I didnt cancel the next weeks cuz he didn't seem sure since it was my first, we went for coffee with my mom and I prayed I wouldn't go into labor there (that's another story lol) we went home and just really didn't do much the rest of the day, I made dinner, then 30 minutes later ate a bag of chips, and then sent DH to get me a sandwich from my face place lol. eating that I started feeling what I guess were contractions, I barely felt them at all but they were every 5 minutes, this was 9pm, so around midnight we go to bed, and then they got painful, ugh I couldn't sleep at all I kept getting up to pee, trying to rock to relieve the pain, trying to let DH sleep as much as I could. finally around 4am I said we better go, I could still walk and talk so they weren't to bad yet still bearable. we get there and the first nurse didn't seem interested didn't tell me if we were staying or anything..I actually didn't bring my bags with me or anything I thought they were going to send me home, cuz well my first baby no way it would be this easy lol. anyway the next nurse comes on at 7am and OMG loved her she was amazing, helped me get up to pee cuz ugh felt like I always needed to go. and when they gave me the gas mask I was in heaven lol, apparently I'm also a comedian when on the gas DH was laughing at me the whole time...so DH didn't get to call his family by this time they were already leavin for work and wouldn't make it lol. my dr. came in to check me and apparently my water had broke, ya I didn't even notice. he leaves and not long after my whole body started shaking and I needed to push, I told DH first since the nurse was doing something, then I told her I needed to and she said no...ha ya like I could control it, I guess my dr was in surgery, so she needed to find someone to deliver...luckily there was a midwife hanging around with her student so she came in, while i'm puffing the gas. and they tell I can push now, so after about 20 minutes of pushing DD was out and I remember saying "that was it" lol yup gotta love the gas, I remember being freaked out cuz she wasn't crying at first. I also found out later my dr was talking C-section since her HB was dropping pretty good, I found that out and when he walked in to check on me first thing I said was "C-section my ***" I also apologized to the nurse for being a pain in the ***. I got up showered and went to my room so from when they were horrible couldn't breath at 4am she was born at 10:20 am. not only was it easy she was a day early on November 14th.

*Luccas Kenneth May 13th 2010*

this one was different, me and DH had been living in different towns for about 4 months, so my BFF offered to go with me incase he didn't make it etc. so she took me to appts and everything inculding my final one on May 13th, my dr. checked me I was a 4 and he was like right there, so he did a sweep and said he would be shocked if he didn't see me that night. so my friend got all excited she dropped me off I spent some time with DD as my only kid, I explained to her that when she woke up I might not be there etc. I told DH, I said he could either head up now or wait til I phoned when something was actually happening he decided to leave then (good idea lol) my friend came over, and she made me walk the neighborhood, ugh the cow lol, this was about 7:30pm we walked for little over an hour, went inside to take a break and played some Mario Wii, that lasted not long DH showed up yay. this was 9:30ish. so we went to walk some more if nothing was happeneing she would go home for a while, ya by this point I was having them now and then maybe every 6 minutes but I couldn't even notice them haha..oh forgot to mention my dr. said no laboring at home..oopsie lol. by 11pm I admitted we should go not cuz I was in pain but my friend kept looking at me funny everytime I had one..so we got there he hadn't dropped all the way, so instead of sending me home cuz of my quick labor history they made me walk the halls til the dr. got there to check me, so I walked for a bit maybe half hour and then OMG he dropped right into position I layed on the bed unable to move begging for the gas, to be checked something, like they were right on top of each other and painful as heck. so my friend goes to get the dr. she comes in says yup he's right there and so was the water so she broke that and wow what a weird feeling, I got the gas and HEAVEN..so dr. says she needs to run to her office I was joking telling her to be quick and she asked for 10 minutes I said I will try..next thing I know they are putting an IV in my arm, and I said I needed to pee, so the nurse said ok let's go and I said no I dont wanna get up can I just go here, at first she said sure, then she moved the blanket and screamed not to, hit an alarm button yelling at other nurses, they were trying to decide who was going to catch him lol...finally the dr came in everyone thought she was still gone, nope in the on call room brushing her teeth. so she tells me to push, and two pushes later he literally flew out of me along with a lot of fluid which explains why I was measuring so big the whole pregnancy lol.

and as requested my favorite moment from each birth

from Emileigh it would have to be finding out she was a girl since we didn't know with her, although the way they showed me by spreading her legs was funny.

and Luccas, probably the asking to pee on the bed and being yelled at not to lol.
actually I would say all of it from both, I'm weird that way but I loved my labors.