Topic: Rugrats
View Single Post
October 4th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMommy View Post
I grew up on that show and never really noticed the bullying or lack of supervision (I'm a child of the 90s. Born in '92), but now that you mention it, I can totally see what you mean! I believe they also had a movie where the boy Tommy got lost in the woods because he toddled off, as well as another movie where, if I remember correctly, they got lost in Paris.
Most of the 90s shows were similar (Ren and Stimpy, for example, was pretty disturbing), and as far as I can tell it hasn't negatively affected children.
I'd let my daughter watch that before I'd let her watch Hannah Montana, but mainly because I'd rather her watch babies having adventures as opposed to a teenager with two lives and constant "boyfriend" talk.
But thats just me.
If I noticed her bullying another child and saying because someone on a show did it, however, she wouldn't be watching that show anymore.
Holy MOLY! Now I feel OLD!!!!

I also watched RugRats, Ren and Stimpy, etc. I don't think I would put it on for my toddlers to watch, but an older child, I don't mind. And I do agree- Rugrats before Hannah Montana!!