View Single Post
October 11th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You know, I didn't research anything the first time. I learned my lesson the hard way. Now I research like crazy and probably drive the people around me nuts about it.. especially my doctor lol.

I think a lot of first time mothers don't know what to expect, its overwhelming and a little scary so they just go with the flow and follow the nurses and doctors a bit blindly. Not all first time mothers of course.. that's just my impression from what I've heard and experienced myself. As someone who centers their life around research, she may think that the doctors have it all figured out so why complicate it. She'll have to learn in the end if she likes or doesn't like that process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobittyBoo View Post
I think you're right. I think she has no desire to go through labor without an epi, so why even research NCB? I have a hard time understanding that since I was raised with the idea of NCB, I don't even know how to argue it really.
IMO, epidurals have become so common that a lot of people can't imagine that someone would want to labor or deliver without one. I had someone tell me after I had my son that I was stupid (yep, read that right.. I was called stupid) for not having an epidural and experiencing all that pain "for no good reason."

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011