View Single Post
October 12th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How/when did you meet your SO? I met Mike the summer of 2001, right before my senior year in college. A good friend of mine from HS had just gotten out of the Marines. He started hanging out in the restaurant I was working in. After a few weeks, he brought Mike in with him, they knew each other from the Marines. They both started living in the restaurant; turns out it was only the nights I was working. Mike thought I was cute & asked my friend if I was available. We would all 3 hang out after I got off work & then Jason would make excuses for why he had to go somewhere else. It took me about a month to figure it out. Then when I was getting ready to go back to college & Mike finally asked if he could see me when I was home from school. I said sure. We got married October 11, 2003. This sounds silly, but I think it was fate. Jason was my best friend's cousin; we had known each other since we were kids. She was killed in a car accident when we were 19... 2 years later, her cousin introduces me to the love of my life. That's where Avery's middle name (Kathleen) came from.

Was it love at first sight?
No. I thought he was really funny & cute, but wasn't terribly interested until we got to know each other. I've always have loved the class clown. We talked on the phone a lot during my senior year (I was in school in Philly & Mike was stationed in VA) & we really got to know each other.