View Single Post
October 13th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieQueen View Post
I'm sure women are asking, too. Nobody is saying they *never* ask, just that they aren't asking as much as Drs would have us believe. Plus, I think that as time goes by, probably more women are asking, because their friends have been induced, or their sisters, or they hear the "statistics" and think "Why not?". And if they've used a particular Dr before and know s/he'll induce, they probably set a date at the first prenatal appt.
yes, I agree that I definitely think women are asking, and some even before they are due! Why on earth you would WANT Pitocin is beyond me and something I simply can't comprehend but to each their own I guess.

My OLD ob/gyn would start asking you at 39 weeks if you wanted an induction! When I went overdue with Ryan, he went ahead and made an appointment for me at L&D! I got a message on my phone one night from a nurse telling me to be there the next am for my induction. Needless to say, I didn't go. Which earned me a personal call from the OB asking me where I was. I told him no flipping way! Went into labor a few days later.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"