View Single Post
October 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pack leader is very important. No you don't need to pin your dog to the ground to get a result, but being the one they look to for their needs, their safety, etc is extremely important. Yes they correct each other when they're playing, for your dog to go after another dog because it's coming up to you for attention there's a problem. Your dogs may have been stable, but with your pregnancy it's thrown things out of whack due to your body chemistry, scent, behavior, etc changing. So you simply have to correct that behavior. A couple of times of you letting them know that is NOT okay should curb the issue permanently especially if they've never been that way before.

They absolutely shouldn't be allowed to go after (or correct) another dog simply because it comes up to you. But that's just my opinion. Yes, I too work with dogs, I train them, board them, pet sit them in other's homes, educate on canin nutrition, foster for a rescue, and have 3 of my own at the moment as well (all large breed). I'm around dogs 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year and train, pet sit, board, etc for a living as well.