View Single Post
October 20th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sarah has been sick 2x in a matter or 3 weeks. ugh! she was sick all last winter too. i have been lazy about giving her supplements because she hadn't gotten sick that much in the summer...but now it begins!

she takes-
1 drop - 400IU Vit D (carlson's baby D drops)
1/2 tsp elderberry syrup (gaia herbs brand)
1/4 tsp probiotics mixed in her yogurt (baby jarrodopholis)
1/2 tsp fish oil (nordic naturals strawberry flavor)

the chiro suggested colostrum powder, but i haven't bought any yet. i have been browsing vitacost.com trying to decide if i should get capsules with powder so i can take them too if i get sick, or just powder for her, or chewables...i'd hate to get chewables and she hate the taste or something. i am also wondering if i should start her on echinacea or zinc. she is very prone to upper respiratory infections. i meant to talk to the chiro about it today, but Sarah was very tired and cranky and crying the whole time and i could barely think straight so it slipped my mind.

so...what do you all give your kids to boost their immune system? (and how old are your kids?...Sarah is almost 3)

ETA: do you give them same supplements year round?
in addition, what do you give your kids if they get sick, on top of the supplements you already give them?
i suck and i really don't do much in the summer. she will get the occasional cold but for the most part, she is pretty healthy during the summer.
we give 1/2 tsp of elderberry syrup 2 or 3x a day if she is really sick, and add a few drops of eucalyptus EO to the humidifier in her room if she is congested, i also rub eucalyptus or ravensara EO on the bottom of her feet to help her breathe at night.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US

Last edited by horseradishmayo; October 20th, 2010 at 07:00 PM.