Topic: Rugrats
View Single Post
October 23rd, 2010, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved Rugrats. I've even watched the "all grown up" series...which came out when I was, uh, older. I also watched Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Anamaniacs, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Ghostbusters, Are You Afraid of the Dark, I can't remember what else, I had pretty free range TV. Once my mother established I knew that it wasn't real, I could watch what I wanted. She was a little concered when my aunt had me watching Oz...I was 13 when it came out. But it conviced me that prison was not somewhere I wanted to spend any length of time so she decided it was probably ok.

I watch Nick now sometimes, and miss my old shows. But still Nick is way more "risque" then Disney is. Or well...what they want us to believe at least. Disney has that overly wholesome "we swear all perfect in our little land" image too it that makes you just know something seedy is totally going on. Where as Nick is a little more aware that life is rarely that wholesome, though still pretty clean cut over there, so you worry less that something really bad is happening.

Oh, I do remember one show my mom told me stop watching "Unsolved Mysteries", they had one about dolls coming to life, my grandma had all these Madam Alexander dolls, I was convinced they were moving in middle of the night. Even now, the dolls of her's I have, live in a trunk. I feel better that way.