View Single Post
July 3rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Actually we just came up with an agreement as far as MySpace. I can have unlimited access to his and he can to mine. If we actually have nothing to hide, we should disclose it to each other. I 100% agree with this.

Removing Internet is really not an option for us. This is how we keep in contact with a lot of our family & friends. Very little of our friends and family live local to us. I webcam talk with my mom once a week so she can see the kids as we are talking because she is in GA & I am on OH.

As far as us having separate friends, I have tried to invite him into my world. Back in Feb. a friend who is like a big brother to me growing up & I got back into contact & he was coming back to the area the following weekend. He wanted US to go out with him but DH refused, telling me to go & to have fun. My best friend (female) was going with us. It ended up being a whole group of us together (my best friend, me, the guy I am friends with & 3 more guys I went to school with). My best friend had to duck out early because she was in an abusive relationship at the time but when it came time for her to leave, I called DH & asked him if he wanted me to go back with her or could I go to the other bar & hear one of the guy's cousins play in a band. I even told him who was with me and he said "have fun, if you need a ride home, let me know." We had a blast at the bar and went out to get something to eat at a restaurant we used to all eat at when we were kids. It was very comfortable & familiar. I got home that night & DH asked me if I had a good time and I told him all about it. He said he was glad I had such a good time and has never brought it up to me about me going out with all these guys.
I have another friend who I went to school with in the Navy. He has talked to him on the phone before (mainly about Navy things since my DH has an obsession with the military and wanted some information on something with the archives because he is researching something with his family). I just found out this same friend is coming into town in a couple of months and I told DH he wanted us both to go out with him (friend knows I am pg, therefore can't drink but I can sip on soda for the night) but DH said he doesn't want to go again but for me to have fun.

As far as DH's friends....his HS reunion I was pg with my last one. He really wanted me to go but I didn't want to risk anything. He was out with guys & girls and am glad he went.
He has a friend who works EMS up in Detroit. We have met her at a concert she was working at. I knew he would spend a lot of time talking EMS stuff to her (nothing I am really interested in) so since the friend I was out with back in Feb. lives near Detroit, I invited him, his wife & daughter to go. We all had a wonderful time together!

So having friends of the opposite sex is not the problem. It is when the conversations get too out of hand that I have a problem with & I think if the shoe was on the other foot, he would have a problem too.

But I am liking this new solution. If we can get past this incident and nothing else happens, I think we can get through anything. Us disclosing our accounts is a good start towards that direction.