View Single Post
October 31st, 2010, 01:28 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
Hey, I'm your friendly drifter here lately. Anyhow, I am on implanon... and I've been on it for almost 3 years. I have HATED this birth control and you couldn't force me to get back on it. My boyfriend has even asked me to stay on it because it's the only way he would feel safe doing the deed with me without extra protection. And even the idea of condoms (to me only to be used in non monogamist relationships) does not detour me from my decision. Arggg.

Anyhow, as I've mentioned around these boards A LOT my first year was brutal as far as periods go. Every 2 weeks for 2 weeks I had a period. There was not a strong enough midal for that, there was not a thick enough pad for that. It was HORRIBLE! Then, suddenly they stopped and I have not had a period since. I'm due to have my implanon taken out in February but I need to figure out how to go about doing that because the health department doesn't do it and my insurance is not accepted by the local doctors to do this procedure. Leaving it in is not an option because it can cause tubal pregnancy if left in too long. Not fun! Well, last night I got home and peed and I noticed a pink tinge on the tp. I thought it odd but, shrugged it off when continued wiping did not produce more pink. Then today I was feeling cruddy and out of it all day today. My boyfriend kept asking me what was wrong. And I felt really tired. So, I dug in my glove compartment for a preggo test just to make sure. Took it and it said negative. Then I wiped again and it was pink again! I waited a few minutes and wiped again. Pink AGAIN! It's not like full on period. This is maybe considered spotting... but it's almost a pleasant pink color so now I'm annoyed and a little nervous. So, here are my questions.

When you get close to the end, does it become possible to get pregnant on implanon?

Do periods restart at the end, but not indicate returning of ovulation?

Are pregnancy tests left in the glove box of your car all summer still considered reliable?

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can afford to get this thing out of me when it is time?

Oh and sorry if any of this was considered overshare... but I figure if we are talking about bc here, we should expect the talk to get a little gruesome from time to time.

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>