View Single Post
November 1st, 2010, 06:17 PM
Texan In Seattle
Name: Aryn

Grade and/or age of your children: Alayna (5), First grade. Hayden (1), coloring and learning ABC and 123.

What do you hope to get out of this board? Curriculum info, friendship, ideas, and a welcoming atmosphere.

Do you have a style or curriculum you prefer? We are currently using My Father's World 1st grade w/supplements (started last Monday!), but we've been doing a laid back, almost Unschooling approach since she has been able to hold a pencil. She learned extremely fast and well that way, but now it's time for a more structured approach now that she's older.

Does your local government regulate homeschooling in any way? None whatsoever! One great thing I love about Texas.

Thankfully my DH and I live in a very popular homeschooling area (south-east Texas) and have so so many resources available, or else I'd be lost! This was a very hard decision for me to make. I've never wanted to HS but I'm so glad I decided to take the leap. My daughter is very Gifted and I know she would immediately become frustrated and lost in a PS, especially the ones here.

Siggy by RASPBERRYBERET!!