View Single Post
November 1st, 2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRN View Post
I was diagnosed with SCH at 6 weeks after spotting at home with my second pregnancy this past spring. I was followed with several ultrasounds that showed a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat but I continued to have heavy bleeding episodes at home. Finally at 8 weeks I hemorrhaged at home and my ultrasound the following morning showed the baby had died.

I have read this affects less than 1% of pregnancies, and that in that 1% only 3 % or so lose the baby, but it seems like I have read SO MANY stories of losing the baby, even on this thread. It is hard to believe those reassuring statistics, especially when I am in the minority and my baby died.

I'm currently newly pregnant with # 3 and hoping I won't have a repeat SCH, I have an ultrasound in 3 weeks and am waiting and praying until then.
I feel the same way. I think I have only read about 3 moms who carried and delivered a healthy live baby. At the same time I will not give up and Im happy you are still trying. Dont give up the hope we are all in the same boat.