View Single Post
November 12th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Texan In Seattle
Abortion: Pro-life, unless the mother's life is at serious risk.

Drinking ag: I wouldn't mind if it were banned altogether, due to the idiots who drink and drive, but realistically I think it's fine at 21. I'd go for it being 25 though. Too many stupid decisions are made while drinking.

Political stance: Independent. I agree and disagree on issues from all sides.

Selective Service: When was the last time a Draft was even ordered? I'm for it.

Gay marriage: Against. A marriage is and should always be between man and woman. Gays can call it something else.

Universal pre-k: Against. Parents need to take a more active role in their children's early education.

Sex education: Discuss the dangers, and scare them silly, with parental consent. I don't want children to be taught all the how-to's.

Vaccinations: Against for myself, but I wish the FDA/CDC would adopt a delayed schedule for those who still want them. IMO, it's downright ridiculous to think it's safe to inject tiny underdeveloped bodies with so many chemicals that are PROVEN to be harmful. At least with a delayed schedule you could pin a reaction to a certain vaccine.

Sin Tax: For.

Legalization of marijuana: Against. We'd see more vehicular crashes and deaths associated with it's use if it were legalized across the US. (my opinion)

Universal Health care: I think there should be something, but it should be basic, and I should NOT be required to pay for it if I never intend to use it. I'm all for reform and having basic healthcare for all, but it seems stupid to implement such a financially enormous policy when we are a nation in severe debt.

"performance pay" for teachers: Somewhat for, but first there needs to be a total reform of the PS system entirely.

War: I'm very on the fence about war. I do believe that they're necessary in some cases, but I hate the cost.

Methods of birth control: I don't care.

How many kids people should have: However many they want and can physically, financially and emotionally afford.

Vegetarian/eating meat: I don't care. But I'm a total carnivore.

Gun Control: I think we need some type of control, and it needs to be better than what we have now, but I agree that all law abiding citizens should have the right to own one. It would be nice if every person could be mentally evaluated annually before buying a gun, and then after.

Death Penalty: For. But they need to get on with it instead of making tax dollars pay for a death row inmate's ___ years in prison. Once it's proven, get on with it.

Circumcision: Either or. I don't feel too strongly about it either way, but my son is circ'd.

Fertility treatments/Assisted reproduction: Absolutely for.

Assisted suicide: No.

Illegal Immigrants *not immigration POLICY: I use to be vehemently against Illegal Immigrants entirely, but I now believe some are truly trying to escape from horrible conditions. I'm still against them though. I just feel more pity for them. They still need to come here legally and pay taxes instead of expecting handouts.

Gender Selection: Completely 1000000% against.

Fat Tax: For. I am literally surprised when I see a person in public who isn't overweight.

Shopping Carts: I try my hardest to put them back, but I admit it doesn't always happen.

Kids drinking soda/eating candy/poptarts for breakfast: For their birthday sure, otherwise no. This generation has become the fattest in our nations history. Why encourage it?

Peanut Butter bans in schools for nut allergies: For in the case that there actually IS someone in the school with a severe peanut allergy. Otherwise, heck no.

VBACs: Completely for.

Government involvement in citizens lives: Against.

Seat Belt law/ laws to protect citizens from themselves: 10000% for. Seat belt laws DO NOT just protect you from yourself. By not wearing a seat belt, you can also become a projectile in a crash and can harm others.

Unassisted Childbirthing: Fine with it if you're educated and have a hospital/medical personnel close enough to assist in the event of an emergency.

Plastic Surgery: For, but there should be mental evaluations for people like Heidi Montag. Ew.

Chili (with or without beans): With.

Welfare: For, when temporary and not abused.

dress codes for school/office: For. Too much bullying is happening in the schools.

Elective C-sections/elective repeat C-Sections: No and no.

Introducing solids: Not before 6 months.

Car Seats: 100000% FOR. I'd like to see every mom/dad pass a child safety course before leaving the hospital and have it become law to Extended Rear Face to 4 years old.

Spanking: On a well padded bottom, not in anger and used as a last resort, absolutely.

Children and Pets: For.

Nursing in Public: For.

Cry it Out: Shut a baby in a room to cry themselves to sleep for hours, sometimes screeching and puking? NO. I don't know anyone who does that and I don't consider that CIO. Fussing and whining themselves to sleep is fine in my book if you know you've done everything else to get them to sleep. For some babies (like mine) there is NO OTHER WAY.

Television and Infants/Toddlers: A little is fine, as long as it's well moderated by parents. Make it age appropriate and educational.

Caring for your elderly parents: I'm all for a good nursing home!

Diamonds: Don't particularly care.

In-N-Out Burger: Never had one.

Reborn dolls: Weird, but no harm done.

Homosexual orientation/relationships: I don't particularly agree with bi/homosexual lifestyles.

Polyamory: I don't agree with it, but whatever floats your boat.

Scary movies: I hate them. I had extremely vivid, gut and heart wrenching nightmares for years until I completely stopped watching them. I haven't seen a scary movie in over 6 years and I am very glad.

Transcultural adoption: Sure.

Drug testing welfare recipients: Absolutely.

"Luxuries" on welfare- vacation, designer accessories, upscale phones, TV w/cable, etc: Against.

Organized religions: I dislike the word "religion". I believe in a relationship with my Lord.

Mandatory breastfeeding attempts/prescriptions for formula: I think it would be seriously awesome. But I don't foresee it ever happening, unfortunately.

Family beds: Against.

TTC on assistance: Against.

Infants/toddlers in bikini style swim suits: Against.

Leash backpacks for kids: For. I used to be insanely against them until I had a 2 year old daughter who ran straight out into parking lots at any chance she could find. No amount of discipline stopped her.

Beauty pageants: I'm ok with natural beauty pageants only.

TV watching for kids under age 2: I don't think it's harmful.

Siggy by RASPBERRYBERET!!