View Single Post
November 18th, 2010, 03:12 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 4 of my nursing challenge

Well my total output was up by 21 grams or 2/3 ounce. It's hard to get excited about that, but I'll take what I can get right now. That's a 6% increase from yesterday and a 10% increase from 2 days ago. I am going to start logging Natalie's weight in here as well as what herbs/foods I am using. Natalie's weight was up today. I suspect it was the 4 oz of formula she got last night, but happy to see her weight up. She was getting a little too sleepy for my comfort level and that weight dip yesterday made me too nervous. I decided instead to only supplement overnight no matter how much it pisses Natalie off during the day. One of our problems is Natalie sleeps really well at night. I'm probably the only mom on the planet complaining about this, but she has been sleeping through the night for a long time and I think this is contributing to my supply problem. By supplementing at night only hopefully I can encourage her to nurse more at night. I tried to do this the night before last, but she still slept through the night even being clearly hungry. So last night I set my alarm instead. She woke up on her own close to midnight. I used the SNS then (and at 8:30 pm). I set my alarm and woke her up at 2am. She only nursed for a short time and sleepy head went back to sleep. She woke up at 3:30am though on her own! Sad to be happy about that and nursed some more. She woke up again at 5am which is close to her normal wake up time. So all in all happy that I accomplished my goal of getting her nursing more at night. We'll see how it affects my supply during the day. I have a feeling my supply may be down.

STATS

weight - 10lb 14.1 oz

supplements using today - domperidone, more milk special blend, goat's rue, and barley tea. Forgot to add iron supplement and multi vitamin that I added in.

Goal for the day: I am really, really trying to hit 400 grams (13 1/3 oz) today. That would be a big jump from yesterday, but I am going to really try. Not sure if I can make my body do it, lol, but I wanted to set a goal.

Daily Intake will edit to add
05:22 AM 26 B**
06:00 AM 34 B**
07:02 AM 28 B**
09:14 AM 62 B**
10:16 AM 24 B**
11:28 AM 18 B**
12:23 PM 10 B**
01:17 PM 22 B**
01:55 PM 12 B**
03:37 PM 38 B**
03:54 PM 8 B**
05:50 PM 26 B**
07:02 PM 16 B**
07:52 PM 22 B**
07:56 PM 65 F*
Total - 346 grams breast milk (or 11.53 ounces) Formula 2 ounces

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama

Last edited by TeresaSuperMama; November 19th, 2010 at 02:43 AM.