View Single Post
July 6th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
A thread was started in the May 2006 playroom about how it would be neat for us to get to meet in person, and for our kids to get to play together, etc, and it got me thinking!

It would be so neat if JustMommies could have a convention! I've been to a number of sites that had conventions and there are obviously a few problems to deal with - like WHERE to have it (obviously we can't be close to everyone) but that's why we could debate it for a while and try to plan things out for a while before moving forward with anything.

But it'd be so neat! And there's so much that could be done with it. I mean, we could have guest speakers about breastfeeding and formula, and dealing with childhood illnesses etc. etc. And seminars for parenting techniques, and panels for discussing thing. And there could be designated meeting times for each of the 'playrooms' and DDC. And there could be seminars on temping and various TTC methods.

I mean, there's just SO much that could be put into this. And there could be a room with vendors selling things and crafts and people could sell old baby cloths

I know it would be a HUGE thing to organize, but it would be SO COOL if it could be done. The possibilities are endless. And in addition to the registration fee everyone would pay for attending, I'm sure you could get sponsorship to cover the cost of some things.

And everyone's badges could have both their real name and their username on the board so that everyone would know who everyone else was.

Anyways, I just wanted to bring it up because I thought it was such a neat idea.