View Single Post
November 24th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies!
So I had a follow-up appt with my OB yesterday because he had put me on Zoloft my last appt- I felt like I eeded something to help me get through October (my EDD) and the holidays. Good news is the Zoloft seems to be working and I actually am on half the dose now. I'm planning on taking it through the holidays and then hopefully stopping in early January. My OB said if I get pg while on it it's OK.
So we discussed a little bit more another pregnancy- this is the first time we could really discuss it because every other appt since having Matthew I've been too emotional and could barely speak. I love my OB but I'll admit walking into his office is hard- not only seeing pregnant women but just remembering being there and getting bad news about Matthew and then being told I needed to be induced and not to expect him to make it. Anyways, we discussed that all of mine and DH's genetic tests came back normal and that really there's no explanatation for what happened with Matthew. For those of you who don't know, the short version is that I apparently broke my water between 17 and 18 weeks without realizing it (I had bladder issues so sometimes urine leaks so I must have thought amniotic fluid was urine) and I was induced at 23 weeks due to an impending uterine infection. After multiple doctor's visits, we had known that no matter when Matthew was born, he would not survive due to undeveloped lungs due to the lack of amniotic fluid. Anyway, my OB mentioned that he discussed me with the perinatologist and they are debating whether to recommend a cerclage for me for my next pregnancy. I didn't show any signs of an incompetent cervix (it stayed apparently closed and long) but apparently it could have been the case anyways? However, apparently a risk of that procedure can be weakening the amniotic membrane. Basically, my OB said that I should research it and discuss it with DH and then we can discuss it more later with my OB- my next appt will probably be when I get a BFP.
I've been thinking about my appt since yesterday and it's stressing me out even though I'm not pg yet. I just needed to vent ladies- thanks for reading!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.