View Single Post
November 24th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Platinum Super Mommy
I am currently buying all of the needed supplies for the birth, extras, and I dont know exactly what they mean when they say soft towels how soft do they need to be? is it to wipe and bundle baby? The towels we had were for cleaning up the mess, wrapping me and the baby up after our water birth, etc. We used old towels, definitely not so soft... but they worked fine!

I dont consider our current towels soft enough..so I bought some more..but the list says 4-12..that is ALOT of towels!
Having never done this before, what are the towels for? lol Like I said, depending on where you deliver, they could be to dry you off, wrap the baby up, put on the floor as you walk across the room, etc.

any suggestions on maing a tarp on the bed stay put? my water broke in bed last time, and as I get closer to my due date I would like my bed tarped..I dont want to ruin our new mattress. I tried putting down a light plastic drop sheet..but the top sheet slid off throught he night..and it wasnt comfortable sleeping on plastic You can layer the bed, clean sheets on the bed, then a shower curtain (like a tarp) then old sheets. You can put new sheets on top of that for while you are still pregnant, then when you go into labor take that top layer off so you can labor on those old sheets with the tarp underneath. Then after you have the baby, you can take those old sheets off and the tarp and cozy up on the new comfy and clean sheets.

My bed is on not on a frame..it is on a boxspring on the floor..Should I put it on a frame so the midwives dont have to be on their knees to deliver..if I choose the bed to deliver on? Your midwives can deliver anywhere! No worries!

Welcome to the board, I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a great meeting with your midwife!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!