Topic: Self Pay
View Single Post
November 30th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
Where in NY are you? I think I've asked that before, so if I have, please just blame my mommy brain!

I am in NY as well, and our midwives charge $6500, and require $3000 be paid before the birth. For my recent birth, my insurance agreed to pay $4500, and then my midwives gave me a $1000 credit for being a "returning" client, so we only paid $1500 out of pocket.
You never asked me I live on Long Island in Suffolk County. There are only two home birth MWs who are willing to travel to me and they don't accept my insurance. I know that there is a law that my insurance has to cover a home birth even if there is no MW in my network but my MW flat out told me she wasn't willing to deal with the insurance because they are lousy payers. I definitely support home birth and MWs and I want her to get paid, so to me it was an easy decision. We have to pay $4,000 by the birth and then $1,000 after. Maybe I can see if the insurance company will reimburse us? I guess we will have to look into it! That is awesome that you 'only' paid $1500 out of pocket! Where do you live in NY?
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water