View Single Post
December 8th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Andrea, mama to L & E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
I was working under the assumption that the baby was being worn with proper support in place, not just being carried. There are obviously certain precautions one should take to make it a responsible decision, just like while driving a car.

I agree that I don't see a reason to take an infant horse back riding, but is there a reason to take an infant anywhere really? For the infant I mean. Anywhere we take an infant it's someplace we want or need to go or do, not where the infant wants or needs to go or do.
Take the infant with you, but leave them with someone else as you are riding the horse. There are plenty of opportunities to engage the infant in that type of situation without risking their life. Talk to them about all the different sights, sounds, smells, textures. Make funny horse noises. Pretend you are a horse and clop around with them. Whatever your imagination can think of.

Of course there are reasons to take infants with you everywhere. Everything is a learning opportunity but we don't have to put them in danger to teach them about the world.