View Single Post
December 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie View Post
Yea, I'm not too comfortable with what happened in that clip. It looked like she almost squished her baby when she was mounting. The horse was way too spirited to be riding with the baby, and she kept jerking the reins up, which she was holding a bit too loose, causing the horse to throw his head and making him frustrated. I personally would NOT go on a trail ride with my baby, I don't think that is anywhere near safe.

What she did, and what I proposed and what I plan on doing are very different scenarios. What was shown in the vid fits just about right along with my irresponsible scenario I outlined in another post. While I still don't think it's quite child endangerment, it made me go "Wow, really?".
How is what you're doing so different? She had multiple people standing around and while she wasn't in a corrall (or maybe she was, IDK) you could see a fence the entire time. She didn't go on some long trail ride and she likely thought she was skilled enough and the horse would be calm enough for it to be safe. Once she got on the horse, she realized it was an unsafe situation, tried to control the horse and handed her baby off to her BF.