View Single Post
December 10th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Hi there,

I have been reading these stories for over a month now and thought I would share mine.

I was 13 weeks, 3 days pregnant at work when suddenly it felt like I had wet my pants. I stood up from my desk and felt a few more warm liquid gushes. Off to the bathroom I ran only to discover bright red fluid completely soaking my underwear and pants.

I rushed to my OBG only to be told by him that I was having a miscarriage. My husband and I were devestated. We called our families and told them the grim news. An hour and a half later I was sent for an ultrasound. To our surprise there was our baby happy and healthy. We spoke to my Dr after the US and he told us that I had a SCH and I was still at a high risk for miscarriage. I was sent home to rest. The heavy bleeding stopped by that night.

I am now 18 weeks 5 days pregnant. I have bled every day for the last 5 weeks. At first it was brown blood with some small clots and stringy bits. The last 2 weeks it seems that the blood pools at night when I sleep. In the mornings when I wake up and pee, red blood comes out and changes the colour of the toilet bowl water. As the day progress the bleeding lightens up and by night it is back to dark red spotting. This cycle repeats every day.

I saw my OBG yesterday and he informed me that the SCH is still there measuring 6x6x2.5 cm. He also told me that for the next 5 1/2 weeks I have to just sit at home, take it easy and wait. Once I hit 24 weeks (viability date) I will be admitted to the hospital and the baby will be monitored. If it gets to a point where my son is in distress they will do a c-section and deliver him.

All of this makes me very nervous. I can not imagine having to go through what some of the mothers on here have gone through. My heart breaks for them. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will make it to Jan.16th.