View Single Post
December 10th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
okay, I'm back

another thing - you can pump directly into the collection containers. I was pumping into the bottles that came with the pump, then trying to pour those tiny driblets into the collection containers for the NICU, which probably wasted half of the tiny amout of colostrum I was producing. Your milk will come in soon and then you'll get more out of pumping.

Make sure to take a stand with the NICU nurses if you have particular wants or needs. You CAN tell the supervisor to keep a particular nurse off your LO's case if you don't like one or more of them

If your LO needs therapy to learn how to feed better - remember that the therapists will want baby to work for it, while the NICU nurses only want the easiest feeding possible so baby doesn't have to work for it. Contradiction, yes. Always a battle between the two. In my case, this is where the nurses upgraded Kaiden to a fast flow nipple without my permission, and that effectively ended our BF'ing relationship.

If you have any questions, we're here to help I hope your LO's stay in the NICU is short and he gets to come home very soon!!