View Single Post
December 11th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know many of you from other boards, but for those I don't know, I thought I would introduce myself before I start posting more.

I'm Andrea, mom to 2 little girls - Abigail is 4 and Annabelle is 2. We just found out we are expecting a 3rd in August and I'm planning a homebirth this time. My first daughter was born in a hospital and my second was born at a free standing birth center. I wanted a home birth last time also and compromised on the birth center for my husband. Since this is likely my last baby though, I would like to get the home birth I've been wanting. I had talked to my old midwife, who's now retired but still very involved with the birth center. She told me that the birth center now does home births! I will still have to go there for appointments, but they will come to my home for the birth. A little bit different than your typical home birth midwife, but I love the idea of staying with midwives I already know and am comfortable with. Our insurance also coverd the majority of Anna's birth, and they will bill it the same this time so it works out for us financially too.

I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way, but for now, I'll just jump right in if you don't mind!