Topic: Insane Fear
View Single Post
December 14th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Jacob's Mommy :)
My biggest fears...

Well, I was dumb and went ahead and watched all those pregnancy shoes on T.V.
I'm getting induced and there are many things that have been worrying me, definitely stuff I don't want happening.

There was one girl on T.V. who went into labor and it was all quick up until she was fully dilated and ready to push. She pushed for about an hour and nothing was happening so she needed to get an emergency C-section. I'm DEADLY afraid of getting a c-section. I've never had surgery and I really DON'T want to get cut open. I'm afraid of every part of it, from the preparation to the healing. My stomach twists even from the thought.

Another fear I've been having, I absolutely don't want a natural birth. I plan on getting an epidural ASAP. One girl I heard had to get her epidural stopped due to long labor and she was forced to deliver naturally. If it comes down to it, I'm afraid that I most likely won't be able to do that, and again, thats where the c-section comes in.

I'm also afraid of tearing and an episiotomy, but not so much as the other two. I'll totally deal and not complain if I need to get the episiotomy cause either way I'll probably be stitched up and there is just nothing I can do about that.

I'm terrified. Everyday I get more and more scared. Sorry for the long post.