View Single Post
December 14th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Veteran
I am so happy I found this site I initially signed up because of my newly discovered pregnancy but there are so many other boards that pertain to me like this one!

Obviously I am in a blended family I have three daughters and my husband has two sons and a daughter. We only see his two older kids for the summer but the youngest boy who is 18 months old we get every two weeks for two weeks.

I'm going crazy with this baby. Like I said he's 18 months old I know he's still a baby but this kid cries and screams for everything, he doesn't talk at all just babbles even though I have been trying to work him on saying words. He ALWAYS wants to be held and honestly I just won't do it, I won't give in for anything he wants until he calms down. I don't work because of him, my DH actually pays a small fortune in child support for this kid even though we get him just as much as his mother does so if I was working we wouldn't be able to afford the daycare so I'm stuck at home with him alone all day.

I hate to say this but I really don't like this kid, again I know he's a baby but he's making me nuts with the constant screaming and always being up my butt. I do love him and care about him but I am not his mother so I am in no way bonded to him. To make it worst my hormones are totally messing me up, everything irritates me now and he brings me to the point where I don't even want to look at him. He goes back to mother's this Friday and it can't get here soon enough I can't believe it's only Tuesday.

My husband has almost no involvment with this child what so ever, I do EVERYTHING for him even when my husband is home which makes things so much worst. Really, if I'm too busy to deal with the kid my husband will have one my girls take care of him he even tries to get my 5 year old to entertain him and keep him out of trouble and gets mad at her when she can't remove him from something he's not supposed to be messing with....come on really she can't lift him, he's 90% of her weight. He says that all of our kids are ours, he does treat my girls as his own children to a degree and I treat this baby as my own too. So I can't really say "he's your son you should do more with him" he'll get upset with me because he refers to the baby as "our son" just like he refers to my girls as "our girls" Either way I hate that he doesn't do anything with the baby, never bathed him not once, hardly ever feeds him, changed his diapers like 5 times if that, oh the list goes on. He thinks that since he works I should deal with everything household and children related, which is fine with me I agree but I don't think I should be the only one taking care of this child. The baby hardly even knows him and will chose me or my girls over him in a heart beat, it's sad really.

I am totally freaking out about having this baby I can see it now I'll be home alone with a brand new baby and his bratty 2 year old. He'll come home from work and do nothing. I'm kinda at a loss, I don't know what to do or say. I just wish I could at least form a bond with this baby so I'm not irritated with him so much I do think a lot of that irritation comes from the fact that my darling husband pays so much child support for this kid (it's insane really) faught like crazy for the shared custody if not total custody and now that he got it he doesn't do anything with his kid and leaves it all up to me.

Sorry that's so long I really, really needed to rant about this. Anyway thanks for listening.