View Single Post
December 16th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello, I'm new to this board. Right now I'm only 7 weeks with my first child(I've had 2 miscarriages).
For most of my life I've had "issues" with hospitals and many MDs, I also have always had a poor relationship with my mother which I believe is partly due to the fact that I was born C-section in the 70s, and she was so drugged up that she didn't see me for 3 DAYS!
Fast forward to now and pretty much as soon as the test read positive I knew I didn't want to go to a hospital or have a "standard" medical birth.
My husband took some convincing.
We visited our local hospital last week and I burst into tears the second we stepped back outside the doors. My husband said the entire time they were showing us around, he could feel my body tensing up and that I looked like "a deer in headlights."
So he found a birthing center and midwife, both of which I'm very happy with.
3 days ago we met with our midwife for the first time and she suggested that we consider homebirth. My husband is slowly opening to the idea and he especially became interested when it was suggested that we could give birth in a pool right on our back deck.
Has anyone here given birth outside? Was it as peaceful and serene as I'm imagining it? Or have I lost my mind?

Anyway, I can't wait to get to know all of you, get some advice and hear your stories.