View Single Post
December 17th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh boy now I have a better picture. My ex is untreated bipolar as well so I am VERY familiar with that awful disease.

And it explains your dss even better. The only stability he has it at your home and it's unfortunately not constant. I hope you get full custody soon. I fought for 4 years to protect my dd from her bio father and won. He actually gave up his parental rights & my dh adopted her.

And another thing, bipolar is heriditary. So there is a chance you dss has it as well. I think it's like a 30% chance. Most people don't get diagnosed with it until they are adults so it is generally assumed to be an adult onset thing but it isn't . Usually there are signs as young as your dss. Not saying he is and I hope he isn't but it is a possibility. Trust me I did my research because my dd could have inherited the disease and I wanted to get her into treated as soon as possible if she showed signs. The early the disease is treated dramatically reduces the severity.

Oh and I know what you mean about boys being different. My dd was talking in complete sentences at 15 months. So different from my son.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah