View Single Post
July 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Meg-O
I am waiting... impatiently, I'll admit, for the doctor's release. It is amazing what having two children can do to a body. I'll admit that when DH and I first met, I was about 220... not too bad, but I didn't look anything like I do now! This belly... it just, yukky. Really does make me feel gross. Luckily, I have no shame in wearing a girdle!

I purchased the book Eat Well, Lose Weight While Breastfeeding, and I'm just waiting for it to get in... then I'll dive in. At least I can prepare before the doc appointment. The 17th... 6 more days!

I'm kinda concerned about what b/c is gonna do to affect my efforts forweightloss, though. I won't be on the pill long, cause DH is getting snipped... but I don't want an extremely steep uphill battle.

We need to invest the money in getting him a gym membership, too. I have my roomate/buddy to workout with me, but she can be a serious downer. He's said that he's willing to go with me, and he'd be encouraging... which is absolutely what I need.

I looked at the class schedule at my gym, and there is a class called 24Tease... it's based off of the strip tease workout. I am SO interested! Also, they have salsa moves... and dancer's workout. I think these would probably be great for me... fun, and not just plodding along on a treadmill. When I got in great shape in highschool, it was because I was a dancer extra in a play... 'here's your sign.'

I need to drink more water. I'm eating okay... but I find myself hungry at night... then I try to eat good stuff... fruits and such... but my snack monster attacks. Gotta get rid of that.

Megan

Quote:
Hi Megan, I'm new to this board....I think that it is a GREAT idea that you start at the 10lb intervals! I never thought about setting 10lb "smaller" goals! It sounds like goals like these would be much easier to swallow and that I would be much less likely to get discouraged...Good luck to you and all the others! Take care![/b]

I actually saw it in another mommy's siggie. She had a ticker that said '8 pounds until I reach my 3rd small goal'... or something like that. I thought that seeing 8 pounds instead of 89 would make my life a little less... stressful!