View Single Post
December 22nd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Zane & Jude's mama
Join Date: Mar 2007
i did it this time myself. with #! my MW did it. I have diections:
DIY directions on how to prepare your placenta for encapsulation at home:
What you need:
Plastic container with lid to store the placenta in the fridge (or a large freezer bag if not planning to encapsulate within 48 hours)
Steamer (metal steaming basket)
cookie pan/baking tray
oven or dehydrator
blender/food processor/coffee grinder/pestle mortar
OO Gelatin Capsules
funnel or a pill capsulate machine
Glass jar with lid to store pills in
A lemon, sliced
Ginger root, sliced
Dried herbs (like red raspberry leaf, nettle, alfalfa)
Once the placenta is delivered place it in a container in the fridge. If your going to take more then 48hrs to do the encapsulating then make sure to FREEZE it ASAP in a freezer bag. It will take around 24 hours to defrost in the fridge.
1. Wash excess blood/bloodclots from the placenta-
2. Place it in a steamer over water. Add the optional lemon and ginger slices and dried herbs. Steam for 15 minutes, turn, and steam 15 more minutes until no juice comes out when pricked with a fork. (Steam over low heat, it has a tendency to boil over and that's a mess.) The membranes and cord may be cooked with the placenta. It is helpful to wrap the whole thing inside the membranes when you cook it. It will shrink tremendously, and wrapped in the membranes makes it easy to deal with for the next step.
3. Cut off the membrane (its like chicken skin) and the cord.
4.After steaming, slice the placenta in 1/8" strips, similar to making jerky. Slice as thin as possible. Place the strips on a cookie sheet with wax paper and place it in a oven on the lowest possible setting around 160/170F for 6-8 (may take longer) until completely brittle-dry. Will snap in half easily, if tough/bendy/red it's not done. Using a food dehydrator is even better, but will take longer.
5. Grind the strips in a blender/food processor/coffee grinder/pestle mortar until fine as powder.6. Take the powder and encapsulate it in the 00 capsules.
7. Put the capsules in a glass jar and keep in the freezer. Take as many daily as needed. When you feel you don't need them, wean yourself off. Keep them, they are usual later on during menopause.
Link to Placenta benefits:
Placenta Benefits.info - Placentophagy Research
View Public Profile
Find all posts by CameraLinds