Topic: New here!
View Single Post
December 28th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone. It has been years since I've been to JM and in light of my current situation I've been reading the posts in here and thought I would come out of lurking and introduce myself.

I spent 2.5 years ttc my daughter with 2 miscarriages during that time as well. Successfully delivered DD in May 07. Have been ttc #2 for another 2.5 years now with absolutely no success. I went to the fertility clinic when ttc DD, but was already pregnant with her at my meet and greet appt and just didn't know it, so they never actually did anything for me back then. I have since moved 8 hours away from the city with the fertility clinic, so this time around I went to see an OB instead. OB put me on clomid for 7 months - I have been charting for over 5 years and have the CB fertility monitor and was clearly ovulating on my own, but not ovulating until cd 18 - 23 each month which can make for some pretty long cycles. On the clomid I ovulated on cd 16 every single month and always had a 29 day cycle. So, from that standpoint, I suppose clomid "worked", but no pregnancies resulted. I decided to return to the fertility clinic.

My doctor at the fertility clinic got me in right away and we did my first IUI last cycle. He upped my dosage of clomid to 100 mg. Needless to say, it was unsuccessful. I have unexplained infertility - no PCOS, no male factor, no endo, all tests come back great.

Now I have to take 2 months off because I am having my tonsils out in a few weeks. The doctor at the fertility clinic thinks it's a good idea to take a 2 month break from the clomid anyway because he is concerned about thinning of the lining. After the break he wants to try 3 more IUI cycles and then on to IVF.

I was just reading about the lemon water recipe post, and am really intrigued by it. Has anyone ever tried either of the following?

Co Enzyme Q10 : will improve blood flow to the uterus.
royal Jelly: it helps increase blood flow to the uterus which helps with the thickness of the uterine lining.

Anyway, if you made it this far, thanks for reading. If you have any comments/suggestions, I would love to hear them. I hope you all get BFP's very soon!