Arrrgh...What to do!?
View Single Post
January 5th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
So the plan is to do IUI next cycle. My DH had varicocele repair and his count is finally in the range where we are good candidates for IUI. Looking ahead on the calender, if I ovulate when I *usually* do, it will be on either a Saturday or Sunday, the last weekend in January. Which sounded just fine, b/c my clinic is open on weekends, and that way DH won't have to take off work to give his sample.
Well, now I just found out my cousin and her hubby, are planning to come for a visit that weekend
Now, I love my cousin dearly and would be thrilled for her to come any other weekend, but this is just not going to work. She knows we are struggling with infertility, but I wasn't going to tell her we are doing IUI. And I really don't want to postpone doing an IUI again, b/c I feel like we are just wasting our time trying to make a "bed baby". I already have high FSH at the ripe old age of 26 and we have been TTC for 14 months. What should I do? Should I just come right out and tell her we may be doing an IUI that weekend (and we have to drive over an hour to the clinic) so it's just not the best time for her to come?! Or is there some other subtle way to work this out? Sometimes I seriously wonder if everything is just stacked against us in this TTC thing
Every time things seem to be falling into place, something else comes up.
Joyful Mama to 2 Sweet little boys
My Ovulation Chart
View Public Profile
Find all posts by wishfulgal