View Single Post
January 6th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
OMG OMG OMG!!! You are having TRIPLETS?!?! I would be mortified myself (I was when I found out it was twins), but I bet you will get used to the idea as time goes on, and will want the best for all three of them. I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I had nothing but negative feelings when I found out about the twins. When they said I could lose one, I was almost relieved. Now, I feel absolutely terrible for thinking that way, but it is scary thinking about carrying multiples. As the weeks have gone on, it has gotten way easier. I've accepted the fact I am having two, and I am starting to become happy about it, and even excited!

I wish so much good for you... I am not sure if you are keeping it secret, so I won't say anything on the DDC, but I don't fret! You will do so well, and those babies are going to do so well! I will say a tentative congrats because I know you aren't excited about it.....yet, but when you do... there it is!

wait- they only transferred two? So that means that a set is identical?
I felt exactly the same way...all negative feelings at first. I was just getting used to the idea of carrying and having twins when this got thrown on us. I have ALL negative and depressive feeling about having triplets. There are so many things that can go wrong or get messed up with these 2 bubs. I am not happy at all and I have been crying constantly since we found out. The appt I had yesterday was the first appointment that I was not nervous for because I didn't care if there was one or two in there! And, just like you, I felt horrible for thinking that way but I didn't want to have a high-risk pregnancy, I just want to be normal. Yes, they did transfer two so yes one of them split. And according to my research it had to have split RIGHT after they put them in because they all have their own sac.

We are considering selective reduction. I know a lot of people don't believe in it or wouldn't do it and I really do not want to hear any negative comments or "this is what I would do" because it's already a tough decision. We have to think about our family and our future and my health and the babies health. I feel like I will be depressed this whole pregnancy if I carry on with 3. I would have to go on early bed rest, lose my job, DH would have to get a second job, etc.... It's all too much to deal with and I don't like we can mentally/emotionally do it. I have to go back to my fertility clinic tomorrow to discuss our options. If anyone has any experience with this procedure I would love to here about it but again, I don't want to hear anything else. I just can't handle it