View Single Post
January 7th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sarah,

Hey there, just wanted to answer any questions you may have from my perspective if you want to PM me. I faced the same decision as you, about the same time 2 years ago, as I was due in Aug too, but as you can see, I did not reduce. We have a similar story, I had 2 put in, 1 split, so we have 2 identicals and a fraternal, all boys.

Any high risk pregnancy is scary for sure, but I did really well and made it to 34 weeks 2 days, and I should say that I was like 115 pounds pre pregnancy, so they definitely told me it would be a difficult preganancy. Happy to say I exceeded their expectations! But I should mention I had a cerclage placed early on to ensure they stayed put for the long run!!

I remember getting the news and I too was scared. I tried to get pregnant for many years and now I was scared I'd lose all 3. What sucked worse is that the doctors couldn't tell me what to do or what they'd do. There were no gaurantees and I was told I may be fine carrying all 3, I may lose all 3 if I continue, if I reduced just the procedure itself could make me lose them, nothing was safe.

I didn't quit working until 30 weeks, just took an early maternity leave. Not sure if that's an option for you, but I know you said you'd lose your job. That stinks that they'd do that to you, thought they couldn't fire someone for being pregnant, but if they can, that stinks.

I'm blessed that hubby has a great job as do I, and I decided to go part time b/c I wanted to spend more time with my babies since I won't be pregnant ever again. To save money, we do garage saling and resale for the boys clothes and of course, they all share outfits. We also shop for food/diapers for them at COSTCO.

All in all, it's lots to consider. PM me if you have any personal questions about my decision to keep all 3. Good luck whatever you decide. I know of a few support groups for moms of triplets and more if you want.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!