View Single Post
January 8th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Daddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsailor288 View Post
Yeah but by the time most women find out they are pregnant, they are carrying more than just a fertilized egg...

I'm not saying women dont have a choice and such, they do and it should stay that way, I just dont like when people try to say these "babies" or whatever you want to call them are less than human. As I said before by 10 weeks you can see a human on the ultrasound, not a fertilized egg.
I agree that a pregnant woman is carrying more than a fertilized egg. They are also carrying the hope of having a baby. It is sort of like designing a house and having the plans for the house on paper. The plans are not an actual house, but they are something of value that embodies the desire for the house.

It is necessary to carefully define the words "baby" and "human". Would you call an egg which was just fertilized a human being or a baby? I would call it a potential one. A 10 week old fetus is certainly further along the process of becoming a human being, but does it have all the attributes of humanness? The reason I pick a fertilized egg as the point of discussion is because it is much easier to see that it is not yet a human being.

If a 10 week old fetus is a human being then why should a woman be allowed to terminate it in absence of a medical requirement? Wouldn't that be murder?