View Single Post
January 8th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I loved the feeling of lightness after the birth too. I remember walking after Lucius was born and feeling so strange because I had always felt so heavy all the time and though I was no lighter than before I got pregnant with him, I felt so light. It's nice to feel light and agile instead of big and lumbering.

I did have problems with hearing after my son's birth. My ears were ringing and I couldn't hear and felt distant from those talking to me. I had to be put on oxygen for a little while.

Honestly, though, I don't remember anything that was too horrible that it was memorable or I'd say "Oh no! Definitely don't want to go through that again!" about other than the sleep deprivation of having a new newborn that can't bear to be away from Mama's touch and needs to wake every other hour for feeding/ diaper change. Oh well. It's worth it all in the end. So I guess I can't say necessarily that I hate it, but it isn't my favorite thing about the newborn period and I certainly don't like it.