Topic: Opk question
View Single Post
January 9th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Veteran
Well I can only speak for myself, but for me I barely have any color on an OPK until about 3 or 4 days before the LH surge and then it's usually light up til I get the positive.
The reason I test several times a day is just a matter of preference.....2 cycles ago I got a negative OPK on day 14 in the morning....called and scheduled my US for day 15 because thats what my RE does if you don't get a + by day 14.....when I went in for my CD15 U/S the follicles weren't there, so I either didn't have any that cycle or I already O'd and missed it. So this past cycle, I pre-scheduled my U/S for CD14 so that I could see if I had any follicles without waiting for the positive OPK. I tested in the morning and it was negative, went for the ultrasound and saw 3 follicles, came home and tested again and the OPK was positive.
So I just don't take any chances....when I'm at CD13 I just start testing 2 or 3 times a day. I always make sure we BD every other day up til when I get a positive and then every day for a few days.
You don't want to over-do the BDing though....you want to make sure that his swimmers are well replenished!!
Good luck....