View Single Post
January 9th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since I was pregnant with ds, I wanted a homebirth. Where we lived when he was born it was against the law to have a homebirth. Well, now that we are in FL, I can have a homebirth and are planning one for this baby. However in the past day or so, I have started second guessing myself. Asking myself, is this really a good idea? Why do I want to do this? What if I decide I wanted pain meds? Can I handle this? I have had a natural birth before, so I know that I can handle it and my MW believes that half of the problems I had during labor and delivery were caused because I couldn't push the way I wanted to. When I pushed the pain away (what I thought you were supposed to do during delivery), the dr. didn't like how I was pushing and had the nurse move me around to what he felt was best. Which in turn caused a very painful internal and external tear. Knowing all of this puts me into even more panic. What if it wasn't because of the way I was pushing, what if it was something else? Is this normal? Or am I just crazy?