View Single Post
January 11th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand how you are feeling! But also from the other side. I am in the camp of having had a TON of ultrasounds (in 1st/2nd tri), and have gotten the distinct feeling that some people in my DDC were jealous. Like I got a very good (and correct) guess at the gender at only 14.5 weeks. But from my point of view, I would MUCH rather have NOT had those ultrasounds, and not have had all the crazy bleeding I had. Now that my situation has calmed down, I'll be happy to not have a single other ultrasound, as long as it's because my baby is doing well and there's no medical need for one.

So I think that things are looking great with your little girl that's why they aren't too concerned about you!! Plus you have the factor of going to a big, famous, high-risk hospital... they are seeing TONS of REALLY serious cases... and you are relatively low-risk right now compared to most of their other cases. They are probably a little less sensitive to your emotional needs because of being such a big place, too. I'm sure that's frustrating, but hopefully you can take comfort in the knowledge that you ARE getting top-notch medical case. PLEASE don't compare yourself to people in your DDC!! They are in a totally different situation than you...

HTH a little... HUGS!!! It is a stressful time, but I am very hopeful about your little girl doing great, and I'm so glad that you are going to such a top hospital!!