View Single Post
January 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingGummyBear View Post
I have no advice and have been wondering the same thing so thanks for posing the question! All the girls in my family have been potty trained around 1 year old so I was thinking of starting to put Ro there after she starts walking...She also is very curious about the potty and follows me to the restroom. I don't see any harm in putting them on the potty, not sure how it would make them hate it but to each their own! I figured it might be easier if it's more routine just like everything else but I guess I'll find out when I try.
Definitely no harm in trying even before showing major signs of readiness, but some children are so stubborn that they will refuse to go to the bathroom at the mere mention of the potty. My niece used to hold her poop for over a week because she didn't want to sit on the potty when my sister made her. Of course that ended in constipation and pain for her so she then associated the potty with pain. It took my sister over a year to potty train her for daytime. It turned into screaming matches for them.