View Single Post
January 12th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Hi All..
I am new to this forum and the reason I decided to post here is to share my experience with all you mommies to be. I am 13 weeks 5 days pregnant as of today.. I too was diagnosed with a very very thin rim of subchorionic hematoma at 5 weeks 6 days....I had no abdomen pain or heavy bleeding....just light spotting and when I say light, I mean something like a tiny piece of dark brown thread...thats all.. But I had this feeling of 'something is not right' and wanted an assurance form my Ob-gyn that it was all fine...they did a trans vaginal ultrasound and found out about the SCH..I was shattered as this is a planned pregnancy...my first. My doctor was not at all compassionate when I asked her what this meant..she simply said this means you could miscarry..and put me on progesterone supplements ,weekly HCG injections and strict bed rest. I followed it like I had no spine and getting off bed was not an option at all. Then at 8 weeks they found out that my SCH had gotten bigger measuring 22mmX5mm..still considered small. I went back for another U/S at 11 weeks when they found no evidence of the SCH...my baby was swimming inside non stop and the heart beat was a healthy 163 bpm.

So all of you..just be positive and try not to stress yourselves. I know it is hard to even think of something else, but support from family and positive attitude helps.
My doctor also told me that it is very unlikely that the SCH will re appear..

So keeping my fingers crossed and just waiting for July with baited breath..
Good luck to all of you...