View Single Post
January 17th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanismommy View Post
Thank you so much. I have another question. If it was just dominance would it causae him to whine and be upset that I wouldn't let him. It seems like he is in pain but I could be over sensitive to him baceause he is my baby lol. Also his "little pink thing" is always out around her. There really isn't a possibility of her being in heat is there, I am afraid to let them outsode together but as cold as it is here and being alone with a baby all day I don't know how long I can avoid it.
Yes because by not allowing him YOU are taking control and if you don't normally do this which it sounds like you don't then yes he very well may protest. That's okay. You should be the one in charge...not him. He's not in pain, you're simply taking control and he's protesting. Yeah the "little pink thing" is his penis. Not a bad word. Again it's a dominance thing. My GSD has his penis out at times too around my male or me. It will become less and less as he realizes you are taking control.

Yes there is a possibility of her being in heat. I've heard as young as 3 months and as old as 2 years. There's always a possibility of anything. If you truly suspect this then you need to keep them separated until she's spayed or he's neutered or she could end up pregnant, however his penis being out doesn't mean she's in heat as both of my males do it and #1 I don't have a female dog but even when I did she had been spayed for over 5 years. That doesn't necessarily mean anything either. But anytime you have 2 dogs that are of possible age (she's on the young side but it is possible) that are not spayed/neutered that's a risk you take.