View Single Post
January 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2010
I found this in Cooking Light...made it using egg substitute, lowfat white cheddar and whole wheat breadcrumbs. It was SO yummy but not very "loafy". I did it in one big meatloaf pan instead of the minis tho so that may be it but I ended up using it kind of like a sloppy joe on a bun and its great!! And all lowfat!
Cheesy Meatloaf Minis
* 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (about 1 ounce)
* Cooking spray
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 2 garlic cloves, chopped
* 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
* 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, diced
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
3. While breadcrumbs cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients. Shape into 6 (4 x 2-inch) loaves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; spread 2 teaspoons ketchup over each. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until done.
Thank you Alethia for my gorgeous siggy!!
View Public Profile
Find all posts by klsfl10