View Single Post
January 18th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddiesMama View Post
Roatan, Cozumel & Costa Maya will be pretty easy, but Belize might logistically be a bit harder, only because you can't readily get back to the ship if you need to for whatever reason like you can the others. It's about a 20 to 30-minute tender ride from ship to shore and back because they have to drop anchor 5 miles off-shore.

The only thing about your itinerary that I would find to be a real PITA is the need for a car seat. You're going to need one for the taxi's in Roatan & Cozumel since there isn't a whole lot to do right at the pier (unless you dock at Punta Langosta Pier in Cozumel, in which case you get off of the ship and walk right into downtown San Miguel).

You're lucky, this is one of my favorite itineraries to go on. Though I'm not much a fan of Roatan and I'd rather replace it with the Cayman Islands, but it's a really great itinerary.
Thanks! I am seriously considering bringing my mom to babysit, and if we do, maybe Belize would be a good day for her and my DD to hang out on the ship. My DH and I want to do cave tubing, and I think this is the spot for that.

I'm not sure how each day would go, since I'd want to give my mom at least a couple of days off. Since I've been to Costa Maya, I'd definitely make this one of her days off and DD and I could hang out together. I'd like to have at least 2-3 big excursions where DH and I go off and do our own thing (one being cave tubing and maybe another one snorkeling) but I'd also like to do 1-2 excursions with DD. Do you have any suggestions for excursions a 15 month old would like?

Thanks again - this is really helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Never been to those ports, but I *love* NCL.
Good to know. I've done Princess, Celebrity, and Carnival but never NCL.