View Single Post
January 18th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always advise beach days for things to do in port with infants or toddlers in tow. The thing I noticed before I had kids is that when we would go on shore tours, the smallest kids looked absolutely miserable. They whined and cried, didn't want to sit through bus tours or museum exhibits or Mayan Ruins. Yet whenever we'd go to the beach, the kids we saw were happily playing in the sand. I think Costa Maya would actually make a perfect beach day because the beach is shallow, calm and clear in Majahual or I think they have a manmade beach right at the pier if you don't want to venture into town.

We went last month on our first trip with our daughter and we were going to do both days as beach days - unfortunately, mother nature had alternate plans for us. It was in the 60s in Mexico both days; hardly beach weather. We learned our lesson the first day - the second day, we didn't even bother taking Maddie ashore except for about a half an hour so she could go see the Senor Frogs statues (she's really into frogs - in fact, as I type this, she's playing with a frog).

I've never gone cave tubing because it's not my thing, but Belize is definitely the place to go for it!