View Single Post
January 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Daddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMommy View Post
I'm a bit late, but I do have some input..
...I see no valid reason to be allowed to destroy it.
A valid reason would be the woman's desire to not carry a child to term. Do you think a woman should be forced to carry a child to term? Should she be jailed if she doesn't want to carry it to term?

Quote:
At 6 weeks, it's true that the fetus is..well..a "Ball of cells". It does have a heartbeat.. and at 6 weeks my child looked like a BABY. I saw a head, and I saw a body. I saw a heart.
Do the hands make the baby? The feet? Fingers? Toes? Thought?
Yes, all those things make up a person... and more. The issue is when do those things all come together to make a person whose well-being should be taken into account. A brain which is incapable of processing anything probably doesn't need to be taken into account.

Quote:
Do "Souls" exist and are we destroying one or are we simply destroying cells with a functioning organ?
I know of no evidence for the existence of souls. To use "souls" as an argument it needs to be presented as an assertion, not a question.

Quote:
I think if she REALLY can't care for the child, the child (Fetus? Cells?) deserves a chance at life, as they would have many, many years ago before the abortion procedure existed.
In what sense does a fertilized egg deserve anything? Take it back a step further. Does an unfertilized egg deserve to be fertilized?

Quote:
So I think she should have chosen adoption. True, it may hurt her in a way.. but does letting someone destroy that child/cells hurt any less?
You can't use the terms "child" and "cells" interchangeably. Unnecessarily destroying a person would be wrong, but perhaps destroying some cells would not.

Quote:
From what I've heard, it hurts more.
For some women that may be the case, but for others the abortion choice hurts less. Who best to make that decision than the affected woman?