View Single Post
January 20th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What car seats do you have? I'd personally buy a car and then worry about car seats later...though if you have it narrowed down to 2-3 cars you like equally, I'd then pick from those which one is the most car seat friendly. No matter what car you get, Radians are usually small enough to fit in anything, but they come with a pretty big price tag too.

I have a Graco Nautilus and it has some quirks....the straps get twisted around pretty easily and sometimes I feel like the buckle is stuck, but otherwise, it's a pretty darn good car seat. It's the only seat Maddie should need for the rest of her car seat years. Once a child is 4 years old, 40 pounds and 40 inches tall (all 3 criteria need to be met), you can remove the harness and use the seat as a high-back booster if they are able to sit without slouching and are mature enough to sit without playing with the seat belt or buckle. Then when they are bigger, you can take the back off and use the seat as a no-back booster. One car seat for each child and then you never have to buy another car seat again unless you get in a wreck, in which case I think insurance replaces them.

You can find a lot of good information from this page about it fitting into your car for combination seats and boosters:

CPSafety - Your online child passenger safety resource
CPSafety - Your online child passenger safety resource