View Single Post
January 20th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Baking is the easiest thing for me to do.

Chicken breasts....put some garlic salt and squirt some Italian dressing on top--put in a glass pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 min....and viola!

Chicken legs...brush some bbq sauce on top, put them in a glass pan, bake at 375 for an hour...and they are done!

Then add some sides....mac n cheese, broccoli and cheese (boil water, add frozen broccoli...then drain water, cut up some velveeta cheese and put on top of broccoli and mix) you can do "baked" potatoes in the microwave...wash off potatoes in water...then wrap each potatoe in saran wrap-NOT foil- then poke a few holes in them with a knife and put in the microwave for like 10-15 min or until you can squish them in your hand (but put a pot holder on first they will be hot!) Or open a can of green beans/peas/corn as a side.

I also do a roast--you CANNOT mess this up! Heat oven to 400....in an oven safe pot with a lid put these ingredients in:

stew meat (comes in a package already cut into cubes)
can of cream of chicken soup
can of cream of mushroom soup
can of french onion soup
1.5 cans of water
baby carrots

just put them all in the pan with lid and put in oven for an hour at 400 degrees, then turn down to 200 for 3 hours.....take out after the 4 hours and its done! I pour the gravy over bread, and thats pretty much all you need since its got the meat and carrots! (you can even cut up some potatoes after you peel them and put them in the pan as well when you are making it-)

Tacos are def easy...or taco salads (what we are having tonight!) Or just a simple sandwich you can jazz up...put some shredded cheese on top and toast them like at Subway or Quiznos!

Or even Shake N Bake is easy too! Just buy some chicken breasts, tenderloins, legs and follow the instructions!

When we first got married I was 18, never lived outside my parents house, never cooked a meal besides eggs...so I just had to learn and figure it out! I would ask my mom and DH's mom for some recipes of easy meals...I just started there then got a little adventurous! I made chicken fried steaks once...but it took me like an hour to make them and my kitchen was a disaster--wasn't worth the 10 minutes of eating it for me! lol although dh loved them!

or do breakfast for dinner (oh btw I don't make pancakes...we buy frozen ones) eggs, bacon, toast...easy!!

It does get easier once you get the hang of it! I always try new things and tell DH to tell me the honest truth! If he doesn't like it, I won't make it again...if he does like it he will tell me!