View Single Post
January 20th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Daddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
Abortions cannot be done before there is a beating heart, and you've been told that before, SMT. Abortions cannot be done before 7 weeks because the conceptus is too small and the D&C wouldn't get it. By 7 weeks, the heart has been beating for 2 weeks.
That's fine. We can speak about this hypothetically, or use the morning after pill as an example, or some other means of birth control where a fertilized egg may be prevented from implanting. BTW, my understanding is that a gynecologist can perform an abortion at 4 weeks.

Quote:
You trot out the same questions to everyone that's new. You demand that they prove their points and when they do you claim it's irrelevant or whatever.
No, I am presenting my arguments. If I say something is irrelevant then that is what I believe and I will state why. If someone wants to make the case that any given point actually is relevant then they are free to present that case. FTR, I would not make the case that a beating heart is the only requirement for defining a human being. I am just using that in this instance because it is what the previous poster presented.

Quote:
So I want some answers FROM you SMT. You go and answer all of your questions and I want at least 2 links from a RELIABLE and UNBIASED source to back up every single point you make. Since you rely so much on science and proof this shouldn't be a problem for you. If you can't provide that then YOUR entire argument is irrelevant.
Sorry, but you will have to specify what claims you think I need to support.

Quote:
As for a human not being a human at a certain stage because of the state of their existence, do you think everyone on life support should be unplugged because of their diminished brain function? Are they suddenly not a human then and deserve to be cut off at someone else's whim?
It depends on the degree of diminished brain function and whether or not it is likely to be temporary or not. If it is likely permanent then, yes, I would say it is ethical for them to be unplugged. This is done every day in hospitals and I would say it is rarely, if ever, done on a whim.