View Single Post
January 21st, 2011, 08:18 AM
Host of Green Mommies
Name: Mary (Marmee)

Grade and/or age of your children: I have graduated 4 daughters who are now 26, 24, 21, and 18 and I'm currently schooling my "baby" who is 13 and in 7th grade.

What do you hope to get out of this board? I'd like the fellowship, help others if I can, and I'm always ready to learn!

Do you have a style or curriculum you prefer? We use a variety of resources. I prefer Saxon for Math and just started Saxon Writing/Grammar (love it!), Apologia for science, and The Mystery of History. I love the Charlotte Mason method, living books, unit studies when I have someone to do them with, hands-on learning!!

Does your local government regulate homeschooling in any way? In KY, you just establish your home as a private school. This is a fancy way of saying, name it! We are Grace Academy. We send a letter of intent the beginning of each year. That's about it.

Anything else? I am from FL and hope to get back there soon! We have our house on the market! I am the host of the Green Mommies board , where we learn together how to live healthy, frugal lives. My 2 married daughters are on JustMommies, and both intend to homeschool. I have 3 precious grandblessings that I hope to be able to help homeschool one day. I am a Christian! And I love words and hugs!!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)