View Single Post
January 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kaiser does 10 month appts here instead of 9 month ones, so since Violet is 10 months today we had her appt. I can't believe there are only 2 months until she turns 1

Her appt. went pretty well. They asked if she could pull up yet and then I put her down and they saw her walk, so that answered that Then they had some questions on how much she's eating/nursing/sleeping, etc. My pedi is fine with however I do things so there were no issues there. They asked if she had a parent born outside of the US and DH was, so they wanted to give Vi a TB test. One of DH's sisters and my mom both have had positive TB tests in the past, so both Lily and Vi will probably have to get TB tests done annually just in case since they're around my SIL and my mom a lot. No one has actual active TB, but they just test positive for it and there's a chance it could activate, so we're just being careful.

Anyway, she got her TB test and one other shot that I'd delayed.

Her stats were 20lb, 12oz (71% for girls), 27" (17.7% for girls) and her head was in the 90th percentile. Her pedi was a little concerned about her height since she's only grown an inch in 4 months and dropped from the 61% down to 17.7%, but she said we'll wait to see what she is at her next appt (at 14mo) and she might be moving to a new curve. She mentioned wanting to do a blood test at 14mo if Vi drops in height again just to make sure there's not a thyroid issue or something.